Saturday, December 15, 2007

Jboss and Alfresco Virtualization as Windows Service

So...Jboss as a windows service. First of all get JBoss Native 2.0.1. Extract it's contents to JBOSS_HOME and run:

C:\> cd c:\jboss-4.2.0\bin
C:\> service.bat install

That'll take care of starting Jboss as a windows service. I just had to make sure jboss would bind to all interfaces so I edited JBOSS_HOME/bin/run.bat and added the -b 0.0.0.0 to the following line:

"%JAVA%" %JAVA_OPTS% "-Djava.endorsed.dirs=%JBOSS_ENDORSED_DIRS%" -classpath "%JBOSS_CLASSPATH%" org.jboss.Main -b 0.0.0.0 %*

Now install Alfresco's Tomcat virtualization server. I installed the Alfrescos WCM extension to my ALFRESCO_HOME directory. So go to ALFRESCO_HOME/virtual-tomcat/bin and run:

Install the service named 'Tomcat5'
C:\> service.bat install

Now I only have to figure out how to bind the virtualization server to all interfaces since I want users outside my company's intranet to be able to acccess Alfresco's WCM preview feature. I know I have to modify:

ALFRESCO_HOME/virtual-tomcat/conf/alfresco-virtserver.properties

The instructions to configure this are in that file. I'll get into it and let you know.

If somebody has figured it out please leave me a comment!

See you on the next post....

No comments: